I am a UKCP registered Family and Systemic Psychotherapist and Systemic Supervisor and have worked for many years in a variety of settings including adult and child mental health within the NHS; criminal justice organisations; and within the social care sector of a local authority. I have experience in facilitating multi-family therapy groups as well as running groups for both adults and young people; and working with couples, individuals and families of all ages.
What is Family Therapy?
Family Therapy can help families and individuals to:
- Gain a better understanding of how their family functions
- Identify strengths and weaknesses within the family system
- Set goals and devise strategies to resolve problems
- Develop their communication skills
What I offer?
I offer a safe space in which to explore your difficulties and facilitate positive change. I am transparent and collaborative in my approach, helping you to improve relationships and overcome challenges.
I provide the opportunity for an initial consultation to help establish whether my approach is right for you at this time. There is no obligation to take it further.
Areas of specialisation:
I offer support to families, couples and individuals of all ages who are experiencing a variety of issues including:
- Child, Adolescent and Adult Mental Health issues
- Child, Adolescent and Adult Behaviour Difficulties
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Parenting Difficulties
- Couple Relationship Difficulties
- Eating Disorders
- Illness and disability
- Separation, divorce and step-family life
- Fostering and Adoption
- Domestic Violence and Abuse
- Drug and Alcohol Misuse
- Age Related Difficulties and Other Life Cycle Changes.
I have a particular interest in attachment trauma and how this impacts on relationships and emotional wellbeing and am developing the use of EMDR within a family and couple therapy setting.
Training & Qualifications
2019-2020 Systemic Supervision, Exeter University
2013 Multi-Family Therapy Group Facilitator Training – The school and Family Works
2012 MSc in Family & Systemic Psychotherapy – Institute of Family Therapy and Birkbeck College (University of London).
I am available at Brighter Spaces in Guildford on Thursday evenings and in Dorking on Saturday mornings.
I also offer online sessions via Zoom.
I require at least 48hrs notice of cancellation for which there will be no charge. Appointments cancelled with less notice will incur the full session fee.