I am a Chartered Clinical Psychologist with a career in mental health spanning 25 years. I work with clients across the lifespan (ages 13+) and provide psychological assessments and interventions for the majority of psychological difficulties/disorders that older children, teenagers, and adults may encounter throughout the course of their lives. I work with individuals, couples, and families.
I am registered with Allianz, Aviva, BUPA, Cigna, Vitality and WPA.
What I Offer
Having worked in the majority of health care settings, I have a wealth of experience in assessing and providing psychological interventions for a wide range of mental health/stress related conditions across the lifespan.
I utilise Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT), paying particular attention to relational patterns, personality and the impact of life experiences. I have a particular interest and expertise in the treatment of complex depressions including Persistent Depressive Disorder (Dysthymia), and mixed mood states such as Bipolar II Disorder using an adapted and evidence-based form of IPT known as Interpersonal and Social Rhythm Therapy.
Areas of specialisation include:
- Depressions (including cyclothymia and Bipolar II Disorder)
- Difficulties associated with emotional instability
- Emotional regulation difficulties including self-harm and addictive behaviours
- Anxiety disorders (including OCD and phobias)
- Trauma and stress related disorders
- Loss, bereavement and transitions across the lifespan
- Relationships difficulties, interpersonal disputes and anger
- School related difficulties such as behavioural problems, social integration and academic performance
- Difficulties associated with separation, divorce and co-parenting
- Physical illness, chronic pain and long term conditions
- Post-concussional syndrome (mild traumatic brain injury)
- Dementias, stroke and neurological conditions
- Neurodevelopmental Disorders such as Autistic Spectrum Disorders
Training & Qualifications
- Accredited IPT therapist and supervisor
- PG Diploma in Applied Clinical Psychology
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology
- MSc Neuroscience
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
In the early part of my career, I simultaneously trained in integrative psychotherapy with one of the pioneers in the field and completed post-graduate training/research looking at the role of stress hormones and life events in depression at the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience. I then went on to complete my Clinical Psychology Doctorate and worked as a clinical psychologist in the NHS for 13 years during which I undertook further training in clinical neuropsychology and psychological therapies. I now work in the private sector and continue to undertake regular training and study that inform my psychotherapeutic work.