I am passionate about supporting individuals with their psychological health and well-being. As a MBACP Integrative Counsellor & Psychotherapist, I have experience of working with children, young people and adults in both educational and medical settings. I believe that counselling and psychotherapy is a creative and collaborative process that has the ability to embrace the leadership and autonomy of individuals that desire positive change.
What I Offer
I engage with individuals in a client-led way, face to face, digital and through telephone communications, developing 1:1 relationships of trust and genuineness. Having experience of providing both short and long-term therapy, I offer a therapeutic space for self-discovery and growth, helping with the facilitation of individuals reconnecting with themselves, family members and society.
I have explored a range of difficulties such as: Anxiety, Racial Identity, Depression, and Domestic and Sexual Abuse, Marital breakdowns and relationship issues, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), financial worries, bereavement and loss with a wide range of clients including those from Black, Asian, and minority ethnic backgrounds, those who identify as LGBTQIA, Looked After Child (LAC) and Care Leavers.
I draw upon, according to the needs and perspectives of the client, they include:
- Person-Centred (focusing on you and the changes you want to make)
- Cognitive and Behavioural (activating event or objective situation, beliefs, consequence)
- Psychodynamic (valuing the relationship between past and present).
Areas of specialisation
- Childhood Trauma
- Domestic and Sexual Abuse
- Racial Trauma
Training & Qualifications
- CPCAB Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- CPCAB Certificate in Counselling Studies
- CPCAB Certificate in Counselling Skills
- NCFE in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- NCFE in Nutrition and Health
- CACHE in Childcare Development and Education
- Working with Anxiety and Anxiety Disorders
- Responding to Young People affected by Domestic Abuse
- Developing a Diverse Child and Adolescent Workforce
- Violence against Women and Girls (VAWG): Sexual Violence
£70 per session – Individual Session
£55 per session – Individual Session (Student Rate)