I am a HCPC-registered Counselling Psychologist with over 10 years of clinical experience within different settings and countries. I have also undertaken a thorough training in Mentalisation-Based Treatment (MBT) at the Anna Freud Centre and am accredited as an MBT therapist with the British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC). I am interested in working with clients from various pathways of life, nationalities and backgrounds and who present with a wide range of problems. I can practice in different languages, including English, Spanish and Italian.
What I Offer
I provide assessment and psychological treatment to clients suffering from a wide range of difficulties and conditions, including Borderline Personality Disorder, Depression, Anxiety, Interpersonal problems, Eating Disorders, Anger management. Some of my clients may suffer from long-term difficulties, such as struggling to manage strong emotions and struggle to maintain close and significant relationships with others. Other clients may present with specific difficulties, such as career changes, family tensions or facing periods of particular stress. I also work with parents, who are struggling to bond with their children.
I provide a thorough assessment to clients, in order to identify their goals, their difficulties and offer a suitable treatment. I have a particular expertise in delivering Mentalization-based Therapy. I also work with psychodynamic, CBT and Integrative models of treatment and also provide Parent-infant Therapy.
I aim in helping clients reach a better understanding of themselves, their history and experience with others. At the same time, I support them in making changes, which can allow them to have a more fulfilling life. In my work, I believe that despite one’s difficulties, it is never too late for a person to achieve meaningful transformations in their life. I consider having a respectful, open and collaborative relationship with clients as key to their progress.
Areas of specialisation
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Relationship difficulties
- Parent-infant Psychotherapy
- Anxiety and Depression
Training & Qualifications
- BSc in Clinical Psychology, University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
- Post-graduate Degree in Clinical-Dynamic Psychology for Infancy, Adolescence and Families, University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
- MSc in Psychological Research Methods, University of Westminster
- Mentalisation-Based Treatment (MBT): The MBT training with Anna Freud Centre Team was in 2013. It was followed by regular team consultation, expert supervision and advanced MBT practitioner training in 2014.
Fees can be discussed during the initial consultation. I accept payment by direct debit, cash and via insurance (AXA PPP, Aviva, Vitality).